I have been somewhat surprised by how much traffic the Almanac has received and continues to receive on a daily basis. The site experienced the most visits for one day after two events. Peter Tork's Facebook team posted a link to the Almanac on Peter's Facebook page in October 2011, calling it a "Really well done website for Monkees fans." Sadly, the other event was Davy's passing on February 29. Visitors have come from all around the world, but the following five countries generate the most traffic: the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Germany and Australia. (Japan is 6th!)
1. 1969 North American Tour
2. 1967 American/British Tour
3. 2011 45th Anniversary Tour
4. 1966-1967 North American Tour
5. 1986 20th Anniversary Tour
6. 1968 Far East Tour
7. Dolenz, Jones, Boyce & Hart
8. 1997 UK Justus Tour
9. Head concert
10. 1987 North American Tour
(The 1996 North American Tour was 11th, followed closely by the 2001 Tour page.)
The most viewed subject area in the blog revolves around the Instant Replay deluxe edition topic.
The Live Almanac's YouTube channel debuted in late December 2011 and has been visited 321,956 times. The channel currently has over 400 subscribers. The ten most viewed videos to date are the following:
1. The Monkees interviewed on The Tonight Show (1996)
2. Mike Nesmith on A.M. Chicago (1982)
3. The Monkees perform "I'm a Believer" live on British television (1989)
4. The Monkees 1989 reunion on USA Today television show
5. The Monkees perform on the Rosie O'Donnell Show (1996)
6. Monkees on Regis & Kelly - Part 1/2 (2001)
7. Monkees 1969 concert bootleg clips
8. Monkees performing on The Tonight Show (1969)
9. Davy Jones - "It's Now" - Live in Japan (1981)
10. Mike Nesmith and Micky Dolenz interviewed at the Greek Theater (1986)
Finally, thanks to everyone who has contributed to the site with their pictures, information and stories.
I'd love to hear from you with any suggestions, requests, or just general comments. Feel free to contact me. And thanks to the Sunshine Factory website for most of the screenshots you see above.
Please continue to visit!